Washington County John Doe was a male found in the Atlantic Ocean in 2000.
He is currently undergoing testing by the DNA Doe Project.
The male's remains were found floating in the Atlantic Ocean, near Jonesport, Maine. Insect activity was noted; his body was unrecognizable.
In 2019, the case was taken by the Parabon Nanolabs, which provided estimations of previously unknown characteristics.
- He had the following medical conditions:
- Cardiac hypertrophy
- Coronary Atherosclerosis.
- Moderate Emphysema
- He was possibly a pipe smoker.
- DNA phenotyping suggested the following features:
- Hazel or green eyes
- Light brown or brown hair
- A light complexion
- Possible presence of freckles.
Clothing and accessories
- A blue long-sleeved collared knit shirt.
- A Weargaurd brand pullover with three buttons in front (size XL)
- A Chereskin brand white V-neck t-shirt (size XL)
- Two pairs of white tube socks.
- A white-metal Casio digital watch on his left wrist.