Veronica "Ronnie" Wiederhold was a young woman who was found nude on February 14, 1988 in Mount Vernon, New York. She was identified through genetic genealogy in late July 2021.
The victim was found nude with no jewelry on her along Carlton Avenue in plain view near a junkyard in an industrial area. She was also found to have been bound at the wrists and ankles and in a posed position. She had consumed broccoli and cocaine before death. Based on the circumstances, authorities suspect she was a prostitute and victim of a serial killer. Additionally, they speculate she may be from South America, specifically Brazil, due to her unshaven underarms.
Following her identification, the family of the victim decided not to release lifetime photographs for privacy reasons.
- Naturally light brown hair that was dyed blonde.
- Hazel eyes.
- Freckles and some moles on her face.
- A large birthmark on the right side of her neck.
- Pierced ears.
- Recent shaving of pubic hair.
- Unshaved arm pits, about two weeks growth.
- Press-on nails painted with reddish-pink fingernail polish.
- No tattoos noted.
- All natural teeth, no fillings or decay.