"Richard Braun" or "RE Brownell" are the possible names of a man who committed suicide via drug intoxication in a room that was registered to a "Richard Braun" from Baden Baden, Germany. A suicide note was found, but no details about it have been released publicly.
He may have been suffering from a terminal illness, as the book "Final Exit" was present. "Final Exit" (fully titled Final Exit: The Practicalities of Self-Deliverance and Assisted Suicide for the Dying) is a 1991 book written by Derek Humphry that has been described as a "suicide manual" for terminally-ill patients.
In September 2021, his remains were exhumed for DNA extraction and testing.
- Gray hair that is seven centimeters long.
- Beard and mustache.
- Blue eyes.
- Tattoo of a floral design on the right upper arm.
- Tattoo of illegible writing on the left upper arm.
Clothing and accessories
- Blue shirt.
- Blue denim pants.
- Brown belt with white buckle.
- White socks.
- Tan shoes.
- Yellow metal necklace.
- White metal finger ring with stone.
- Wrist watch inscribed with "RE Brownell 115."
- An unreleased suicide note.
- "Final Exit" book.