Rebecca Ackerman was the alias of a woman who was struck and killed by a vehicle in Melissa, Texas.
The woman was walking northbound near the intersection of Highway 5 and Highway 121 when she was struck and killed by a vehicle. The woman may have been homeless or a transient. No charges were filed against the driver.
Through fingerprint analysis, it was determined that the woman had a 27 year long arrest history, and was arrested 23 times, where she used an alias for each arrest. Two of her known aliases were "Rebecca Hilda Ackerman" and "Dianne Tarella Jones", both using March 25, 1959 as the date of birth. Her last arrest was five months before her death.
In 2014, Doe Network stated that she had been identified. However, this has since been retracted and is still considered unidentified.
- "Salt and pepper" gray and brown hair, cut short.
- Blue eyes.
- Fourth toe was short and webbed and overlapped the third and fifth toes bilaterally.
- Missing upper teeth and single lower tooth.
Clothing and accessories
- Blue jeans.
- White tennis shoes.
- Dark colored jacket and sweater.
- Blue t-shirt reading "Jefferson Missouri 2001 Final Four State Championship, Columbia, Missouri."
- Two plastic grocery bags with clothing and snack foods.