|Location||Kansas City, Kansas|
|Disappeared||August 6, 2003|
|Missing for||18 years|
Karen Sue Hurst was a woman last was seen near the 700 block of North 7th Street in Kansas City, Kansas, at approximately 1:20 am. Foul play is suspected in her case.
Hurst was involved in drugs and prostitution, and had disappeared shortly after being released from jail on a drug charge. Hurst's family initially assumed that her absence was the result of her participating in a thirty-day inpatient drug rehabilitation program. However, when the thirty days passed and they didn't hear from her, they reported her missing.
At the time of her disappearance, Hurst was associating with a drug dealer in Wichita, Kansas, though the dealer denies any knowledge of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Possibly wearing a light colored blouse, blue jean shorts, and jewelry at the time of disappearance.
- Hurst's nickname is Susie, and she may use the last name Helm.
- Metal pin implanted in one of her toes (possibly middle toe on right foot)
- All of her teeth are missing
- C-Section scar on her abdomen.
- Several tattoos:
- Peacock on the left calf.
- Butterfly or rose on the left shoulder.
- Possibly a butterfly on her left buttock.
- Unknown tattoo on right ankle.