Amherstburg John Doe was a male recovered from the Detroit River near Cooper's Marina, 5km north of Amherstburg, Ontario. Police believe that he was American, based upon his clothing labels.
He is believed to have been in the water for as long as two months. Due to decomposition, his height and weight may not represent his actual living measurements.
- No obvious scars or tattoos.
- Black hair with a small amount of chin hair.
- Teeth mostly present with several amalgam (silver) restorations.
- Brown, patterned leather belt with rivets.
- Green cotton work pants.
- Gold, short-sleeved "Hudson Sport Detroit" shirt with three buttons at the neck.
- Gold cardigan, Arnold Palmer USA design.
- Beige hooded jacket with zipper on front, from St. John's Bay, made in Korea.
- Red/brown woolen toque in his pocket.
- Brown 3/4 length boots with side zippers.
- Beige/black socks.
- Beige, jockey style underwear; size XL.